A great gas grill recipe to try !
- 1 gas grill with propane tank
- 1 roasting chicken, approx. 5-7 lbs.
- 1 aluminum foil pan, 12 1/4" x 8 1/4" x 1 1/4"
- 1 can of Pam (non-stick cooking spray)
- 1 roasting rack
- 1 metal grill cover spacer or a brick
1. Thoroughly wash chicken inside and out. Drain.
2. Spray foil pan with Pam very lightly.
3. Place roasting rack in foil pan and spray both sides with Pam. (The chicken will not stick to rack and the rack will clean up easily.)
4. After chicken is fully drained place it on the roasting rack breast up. Make sure chicken wings are folded under chicken back.
5. Turn on gas grill to high and close grill cover. Let grill heat up for 3 to 5 minutes, then turn gas burners to low.
6. Open gas grill cover and place foil pan with chicken on the grill. Close grill cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
7. Open grill cover and place grill cover spacer (or brick) to hold grill cover open 2 1/2 to 3 inches.
8. Let chicken roast until done. Figure 12 minutes roasting time per pound. Do not turn bird.
9. After 60 to 80 minutes turn off grill, open cover and remove foil pan with chicken and place on platter. Let stand for 10 minutes.
10. While chicken is cooling pour off chicken fat from foil pan.
11. Place foil pan and roasting rack in hot soapy water and clean immediately or throw pan in garbage and just clean roasting rack.
12. Chicken should be cool enough to cut up and have some fine eating.
The gas grill recipe of back yard chicken is ready to serve....nice !